Memorizing scripture isn’t easy, but it’s also not impossible. Here are some tips, tricks or simple encouragement I hope will aid you.
- Plan! It will take time. Don’t expect to put in very little effort and get a big result. You will only get out of it what you put into it.
- Pray for yourself and ask others to pray for you. God ultimately chooses whether by His grace, you will be able to hide His Word in your heart and recall it at will.
- Read the text you are memorizing. Write it on a flash card and carry it around with you. Text it to yourself or a friend to test yourself.
- Use an app, like Bible Memory (formerly Scripture Typer).
- Record yourself or a friend reading the scripture you are working on memorizing. Listen to it over and over!
- Meditate on the meaning of the passage while memorizing; it really helps! Also, memorize chunks at a time, instead of a verse here and there. It actually makes it easier.